Fall 2013 Enrollment
Enrollment for 2013–2014 school year has begun! Please contact your student’s advisor to schedule a time to enroll for your high school-aged child for the fall ASAP! Or, you can fill out the 3-choice application online at the following webpage: http://www5.milwaukee.k12.wi.us/school/selections/
More information is available by clicking on “News” above.
WELCOME TO THE PLI HOMEPAGE!
- P.L.I. is a project based high school that focuses on preparing students for the challenges of the real world by encouraging independence, self-motivation and how to successfully contribute and function in a community setting.
IT’S SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION TIME!
You’ll never know what scholarships are out there if you don’t look.
• Request information from college financial aid offices.
• Check with local sources like churches, businesses, and civic organizations.
• Do an online search at one of the following free sites:
MPS Public Scholars, a scholarship program of the MPS Foundation, is now accepting applications from MPS students enrolling in post-secondary education at Wisconsin public colleges or universities in fall 2013. The application, including deadline information, can be found at this link: http://mpsfoundation.net/Scholarships.html. The deadline for students to have the applications to guidance staff is April 15. Guidance staff must return applications to the MPS Foundation by April 19.
Please note there is a clarification on eligibility requirements this year. In addition to meeting all past requirements, students must have a GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 to be eligible to apply. Applications will not be considered if submitted directly from students.
The $2,000 Willie B. Davis Scholarship is awarded each year to 25 graduating seniors. The deadline for the application is March 29, 2013. Eligibility requirements and the application can be found here: http://www.1290wmcs.com/includes/news_items/news_items_more.php?section_id=1&id=811.
Named for the first African American to walk in space, ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Math and Science Scholarships are available to 2013 graduating high school seniors in school districts represented by the Council of the Great City Schools. Four scholarships for two males and two females --- $5,000 each --- will be awarded to two African American and two Hispanic students on behalf of the former NASA astronaut, physician and businessman, Dr. Bernard Harris. Deadline for submissions is April 2, 2013. For students to apply, they should access the Council’s website at http://www.cgcs.org/Page/47
- Be sure to check with your students at the end of each week for their progress report. This gives a current view of your son or daughter’s progress in the areas of their main project, English, math and advisory. Students, be sure to return the progress reports each Monday to help earn advisory credit.
- The ASK is a kit provided to each PLI student which includes a list of expectations for students to accomplish so that they can earn credit in the core subject areas.
- If students follow the steps laid out in their ASK, they will be successful.
THE BASICS? Basic information about PLI that may help parents and students to understand what PLI is “about,” and what kind of educational environment we have created for students.
Do you want to read more on what and why we do what we do?
Student Volunteers and Community Partners
Professional Learning Institute
2430 West Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Phone: (414) 934–4200
Fax: (414) 934–4215
PLI Community Partners
LINK TO MILWAUKEE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
LINK to STAR MATH
Link to pli.projectfoundry.org
Link to Myers-Briggs Assessment
Youth Risk Behavior Survey